Virginia Institute of Blacksmithing is proud to announce that we are bring hobby welding back! Our new instructor, Harold Plasterer, has over 40 years of welding experience. He’ll be leading our welding program.
Welding 101: The first project is to build a welding cart. If you don’t have a welder but you would like to leave with a full welder kit AND a cart you made, we have that option as well.
Welding 102: Layout Table. This course is designed for students who already know the basics of welding (have taken 101 or have prior experience) and would like to be lead through a project.
Welding 103: Blacksmith’s Forge. This is a 2 weekend course that is designed for the student who knows how to weld but now would like to make a working, coal burning, water cooled blacksmith’s forge. Prior welding experience expected.
Welding 101: As described above, make a welding cart
- Sept 28-29, 2019 Welding 101: Welder Stand & Welding Gun
- Nov 16-17, 2019 Welding 101: Welder Stand & Welding Gun
- June 13-14, 2020 Welding 101: Welding cart
Welding 102: Make a layout table for projects (this course is priced differently because of the cost of supplies. See the course description for details.)
- August 10 – 11, 2019 Welding 102 – Layout Table
- December 21-22, 2019 Welding 102 – Layout Table
- April 18-19, 2020 Welding 102 – Layout Table
Welding 103: Blacksmith’s forge – we’ll get all the parts cut for you so you can glue them together and make a working forge.
- Jan 25-26 & Feb 1-2, 2020 Welding 103: Blacksmith’s Forge
- May 16-17 & 23-24, 2020
- Aug 8-9 & 15-16