Please Print or Save this page.
You have successfully enrolled in a class at the Virginia Institute of Blacksmithing. Below is some information for your review before you come to our facility for a great experience.
If you will be staying in the Waynesboro area, we have a corporate rate with the Holiday Inn Express, Waynesboro ((540) 932-7170). You may need to call them to get our negotiated rate of $87. If the person you speak to claims we do not have a negotiated rate, please ask to speak to Eric Washington, the Manager of the hotel. We have a negotiated rate.
If for some reason the class is cancelled, including inclement weather, the instructor will call or email to inform you of the cancellation and any rescheduling. You will then have the option of rescheduling with the instructor or receiving a refund.
Some reminders and things we would like you to know;
- If you are or have a student 17 years of age or younger, there must be a parent, guardian or responsible adult on the premises for the duration of the class both days. The guardian does not have to take the class but could enroll if we have space.
- Please wear clothing that is 100% cotton, (for example, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt). No open toed shoes, no shorts. Don’t wear anything that you don’t want to get dirty (this applies to non-participating parent/guardian too). Our facility is neither heated nor cooled so please dress accordingly. The office does have temporary air conditioning as needed.
- Eye and ear protection is provided or you may provide your own.
- You are not required to bring any tools; we provide everything that you will need to create and build your project.
- Lunches are traditionally taken together with the instructor and the other students at a local restaurant each day. You would pay your own way. Going to the restaurant is, of course, optional. If you would rather, you are more than welcome to bring your own lunches however, our facility does not have a refrigerator. We do have a water cooler and provide potable water for everyone in the shop.
- You will need a code to enter the industrial park where the school is located. There will be two key pads at the entrance gate – use the one on the left. The code is: 49021# (include the # at the end). If you should have any difficulty, dial 434-960-9718 – this is the instructors’ phone, Dale Morse, he will buzz you through the entrance gate.
Thanks again for enrolling in a class at VIB. Any additional questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Have fun!