Class Cancelation, Refund and Transfer Policy
Virginia Institute of Blacksmithing (VIB) makes a substantial investment when planning a workshop. Vacancies can be hard to fill, even if there is a waiting list. We must charge registration fees to offset the cost of these vacancies.
Therefore, every class tuition includes a non-refundable $75 registration fee.
CANCELATION AND REFUNDS
- Students canceling 14 days or more before the start date of the class will receive a full refund less registration fee.
- Students canceling LESS than 14 days before the start date of the class will not be eligible for a refund.
- COVID Exception: Students testing positive for COVID within 14 days of the start date of a class can receive a full refund less registration fee. Students should call the school to report a positive test for COVID.
- If VIB must cancel a class, students can expect a full refund.
- Note: VIB is not responsible for travel or lodging costs affected by any cancellation. Please contact the travel or lodging companies directly.
- Students may transfer to a different class up to 14 days before the originally scheduled class at a rate of $75 per transfer. This amount represents the registration fee per class.